Report: Anderson to Hornets in sign-and-tradeJul 9, 2012 - 1:37 AM Orlando, FL (Sports Network) - Orlando Magic forward Ryan Anderson is reportedly heading to the New Orleans Hornets in a sign-and-trade deal for center Gustavo Ayon.
The Orlando Sentinel reported on Sunday that the 24-year-old forward was on the verge of signing a four-year deal with the Hornets worth about $36 million.
Rather then match the offer sheet for Anderson, Orlando opted to discuss a sign-and-trade deal with New Orleans.
The four-year pro averaged career-bests in scoring (16.1) and rebounds (7.7) over 61 starts for the Magic last season and led the league in three-pointers made en route to the NBA's most improved player award.
Ayon, 26, averaged 5.9 points and 1.6 rebounds per game during his rookie campaign in 2012.
The trade can't be completed until July 11, when the league's moratorium period for free agency ends.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pistons head south to battle Pelicans 10:20a
- Magic try to salvage a game on road trip, visit Charlotte 10:04a
- Randolph leads Memphis past Orlando Tue
- Pelicans' Evans sidelined Mon
- Grizzlies try to figure out home woes with Magic in town Mon
- Harden flirts with triple-double as Rockets top Magic Mon
- Howard, Rockets welcome Magic to Houston Sun
- Durant, Westbrook carry Thunder past Pelicans Sat
- Knicks secure second straight blowout win Sat
- Vucevic to miss second straight at New York Fri
- After halting slide, Knicks back at MSG to host Magic Dec 6
- Thunder rumble into New Orleans Dec 6