Report: Anderson to Hornets in sign-and-tradeJul 9, 2012 - 1:37 AM Orlando, FL (Sports Network) - Orlando Magic forward Ryan Anderson is reportedly heading to the New Orleans Hornets in a sign-and-trade deal for center Gustavo Ayon.
The Orlando Sentinel reported on Sunday that the 24-year-old forward was on the verge of signing a four-year deal with the Hornets worth about $36 million.
Rather then match the offer sheet for Anderson, Orlando opted to discuss a sign-and-trade deal with New Orleans.
The four-year pro averaged career-bests in scoring (16.1) and rebounds (7.7) over 61 starts for the Magic last season and led the league in three-pointers made en route to the NBA's most improved player award.
Ayon, 26, averaged 5.9 points and 1.6 rebounds per game during his rookie campaign in 2012.
The trade can't be completed until July 11, when the league's moratorium period for free agency ends.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- New Orleans officially becomes the Pelicans Apr 18
- Heat close season with win over NBA-worst Magic Apr 18
- Mavericks get past Hornets to finish at .500 Apr 17
- Heat hope to hand Magic worst record in NBA Apr 17
- Mavs hope to finish .500, face Hornets in Big D Apr 17
- Bulls cruise in Orlando Apr 16
- Bulls try to get on track in visit to Orlando Apr 15
- Nowitzki, Mavs ease past Hornets Apr 14
- Mavs aim for .500 in visit to the Big Easy Apr 14
- Celtics rout Magic, lock up No. 7 seed Apr 13
- Celtics try to snap losing streak in Orlando Apr 13
- Clippers maintain winning pace, get by Hornets Apr 13