Report: Heat to add F Rashard LewisJul 10, 2012 - 10:40 PM Miami, FL (Sports Network) - The Miami Heat are reportedly set to sign veteran forward Rashard Lewis.
Lewis will accept a $1.35 million minimum salary to join the reigning NBA champions, according to the Miami Herald. His agent confirmed the signing to the paper.
The 14-year veteran played 28 games for Washington this past season, averaging 7.8 points and 3.9 rebounds.
Known as a shooter, Lewis has made 38.8 percent of his career 3-pointers over 934 games with the former SuperSonics, the Magic and the Wizards. He has career averages of 16.1 points and 5.6 rebounds.
According to reports, the Heat had already landed an all-time shooter in Ray Allen, who left Boston to join the champs.
NBA teams can't begin officially signing free agents until Wednesday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- James beats the buzzer in OT as Heat take Game 1 Thu
- Heat, Pacers tip off Game 1 of East Finals Wed
- NBA Playoff Preview - Miami vs. Indiana Mon
- Heat edge Bulls to advance to East Finals May 15
- Wade to start Game 5 May 15
- Heat try to close out Bulls in South Beach May 15
- Heat blast Bulls, take commanding 3-1 series lead May 13
- Heat shoot for 3-1 lead against Chicago May 13
- Heat fight off Bulls, take series lead May 11
- Heat, Bulls take battle to Chicago May 10
- Heat scorch Bulls to even series May 8
- Heat try to knot things up with the Bulls May 8