Report: Heat to add F Rashard LewisJul 10, 2012 - 10:40 PM Miami, FL (Sports Network) - The Miami Heat are reportedly set to sign veteran forward Rashard Lewis.
Lewis will accept a $1.35 million minimum salary to join the reigning NBA champions, according to the Miami Herald. His agent confirmed the signing to the paper.
The 14-year veteran played 28 games for Washington this past season, averaging 7.8 points and 3.9 rebounds.
Known as a shooter, Lewis has made 38.8 percent of his career 3-pointers over 934 games with the former SuperSonics, the Magic and the Wizards. He has career averages of 16.1 points and 5.6 rebounds.
According to reports, the Heat had already landed an all-time shooter in Ray Allen, who left Boston to join the champs.
NBA teams can't begin officially signing free agents until Wednesday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pacers down Heat in rematch of 2013 ECF 1:28a
- Clash of the Titans: Pacers set for showdown with Heat Tue
- Heat roll past Pistons Mon
- Heat seek revenge against Pistons Sun
- James' double-double leads Heat over Wolves Sun
- Heat hope to halt slide in Minnesota Sat
- Noah, Boozer boost Bulls over Heat Dec 6
- Heat open trek with matchup against Bulls Dec 5
- Pistons snap Miami's 10-game winning streak Dec 4
- Heat's Wade sits vs. Pistons Dec 3
- Heat hope for 11 in a row with Detroit in town Dec 3
- James, Durant named NBA Players of the Week Dec 2