Kings agree to terms with F ThompsonJul 11, 2012 - 11:16 PM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - The Sacramento Kings and forward Jason Thompson agreed to terms on a new contract on Wednesday.
As per team policy, parameters of the deal were not disclosed.
Thompson posted averages of 9.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 64 games -- 47 starts -- last season. He led the Kings in field goal percentage (.535) and was second on the team in rebounding during the 2011-12 season.
Over four NBA seasons, all with Sacramento, the Rider University product has career averages of 10.5 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.
He was selected by the Kings with the 12th overall pick in 2008 and became the first Kings rookie in 46 years to record a double-double in his first NBA game on October 29, 2008.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Johnson: Kings sale signed Fri
- Report: Maloofs, Sacramento group agree Fri
- Kings to remain in Sacramento May 15
- Report: Maloofs won't sell to Sacramento group May 11
- NBA committee denies Kings' move to Seattle Apr 29
- Clippers clinch first-round homecourt in win over Kings Apr 18
- Clips visit Kings in possible final game in Sacramento Apr 17
- Thunder down Kings, clinch West's No. 1 seed Apr 16
- Thunder resume quest for top seed, host Kings Apr 15
- Harden, Rockets down Kings Apr 14
- Rockets shoot for sixth seed, host Kings Apr 14
- Balanced attack helps Spurs down Kings Apr 13