Kings agree to terms with F ThompsonJul 11, 2012 - 11:16 PM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - The Sacramento Kings and forward Jason Thompson agreed to terms on a new contract on Wednesday.
As per team policy, parameters of the deal were not disclosed.
Thompson posted averages of 9.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 64 games -- 47 starts -- last season. He led the Kings in field goal percentage (.535) and was second on the team in rebounding during the 2011-12 season.
Over four NBA seasons, all with Sacramento, the Rider University product has career averages of 10.5 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.
He was selected by the Kings with the 12th overall pick in 2008 and became the first Kings rookie in 46 years to record a double-double in his first NBA game on October 29, 2008.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cousins, Thomas, help Kings down Jazz in OT 1:47a
- Worst of the West! Jazz host Kings Sat
- Lakers slip past Kings Sat
- No Kobe as Lakers visit Sacramento Fri
- Thunder hold off Kings Wed
- Carter-Williams, McLemore named NBA Rookies of the Month Tue
- Thunder take win streak to Sacramento Dec 3
- Warriors edge Kings in thrilling finish Dec 1
- Warriors try to close trip with win in Sacramento Dec 1
- Crawford leads shorthanded Clippers past Kings Nov 30
- Clips carry win streak into Sacramento Nov 29
- T-Wolves send Williams to Kings Nov 26