Sixers waive, amnesty BrandJul 12, 2012 - 6:37 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia 76ers waived veteran forward Elton Brand and designated him as the team's amnesty player Thursday.
Brand averaged 13.3 points and 7.4 rebounds in his four years with the Sixers after the team signed him as a free agent in 2008.
"On behalf of the Philadelphia 76ers, I want to thank Elton for his contributions to our organization and city," Sixers president of basketball operations Rod Thorn said. "Decisions of this nature are never easy, particularly when it involves a player of Elton's talent and character. He worked tirelessly for the overall good of the team every time he put on a Sixers uniform and we wish him nothing but the best."
Over 860 career games (830 starts) with the Bulls, Clippers and Sixers, Brand has averaged 18.3 points, 9.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.9 blocks per game.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Sixers hire Hinkie as GM May 14
- Collins resigns as Sixers coach Apr 18
- Pacers rest up, fall to Sixers Apr 18
- Pacers prep for postseason against Philly Apr 17
- Monroe guides Pistons over 76ers Apr 15
- Collins still at helm as Sixers visit Detroit Apr 15
- Report: Collins to resign at end of year Apr 15
- Sixers run past Cavs Apr 14
- Lottery-bound Cavs, Sixers hook up in South Philly Apr 14
- Sixers roll past Wizards Apr 13
- Stretching the Field: Don't blame Collins for 76ers' futility Apr 12
- Wizards entertain Sixers at Verizon Center Apr 12