Griffin hurts knee in Team USA practiceJul 12, 2012 - 9:09 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Clippers forward Blake Griffin experienced left knee discomfort after Olympic practice Wednesday and was set to undergo an MRI in Los Angeles.
The Clippers and USA Basketball said Griffin would not be available for Team USA's game Thursday night against the Dominican Republic in Las Vegas.
Team USA said alternate Anthony Davis, the No. 1 draft pick by the Hornets, would suit up instead.
After Griffin undergoes the MRI and is looked at by Clippers staff, he will be examined by an orthopedist on Sunday. A further course of action will be determined after all that, the Clippers said.
Griffin hurt the knee in a Game 5 loss to Memphis in the first round of the playoffs.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Report: Clippers, Celtics deal for Doc 'dead' 1:46p
- Report: Clips, Celtics in talks regarding Rivers Sat
- Billups wins inaugural Twyman-Stokes Teammate of the Year Award Jun 9
- Grant Hill retires after 19 seasons Jun 1
- Del Negro out as Clippers coach May 21
- Grizzlies oust Clippers in six games May 4
- Grizzlies seek revenge at home against Clips May 3
- Grizzlies down Clippers, grab 3-2 series lead May 1
- Clips, Grizz all even with series back in L.A. Apr 30
- Grizzlies down Clips, knot series at 2-2 Apr 27
- Grizzlies try to even up series with Clippers Apr 27
- Grizzlies get back into series with Game 3 win Apr 26