Hawks sign WilliamsJul 12, 2012 - 9:43 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - The Atlanta Hawks signed guard Lou Williams to a multi-year contract Thursday.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Williams had spent his entire seven-year career with the Philadelphia 76ers, but decided to opt out of the final year of his contract this offseason and become a free agent.
He has career averages of 11.3 points, 3.0 assists and 2.0 rebounds per game over 455 contests, including 38 starts.
"Upon learning of his situation, Lou was a player we really targeted for our club," Hawks president of basketball operations and general manager Danny Ferry said. "He's a young and experienced professional who is capable of providing leadership as a starter or a reserve, and his versatility is a tremendous plus for our backcourt."
Williams was the Sixers' leading scorer last season with a career-best 14.9 points per game.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Report: Former Hawks player Mookie Blaylock improves after car crash May 31
- Budenholzer named Hawks' head coach May 28
- Pacers win in Atlanta to clinch series May 4
- Hawks try to even series with Pacers May 3
- Pacers rout Hawks, take series lead May 1
- Pacers, Hawks at 2-2 with series back in Indy May 1
- Hawks hold off Pacers to even series Apr 30
- Hawks hope to even things with Pacers Apr 29
- Hawks pound Pacers in Game 3 Apr 28
- Hawks hope for some home help against Indiana Apr 27
- George carries Pacers to another win over Hawks Apr 25
- Pacers aim for 2-0 lead against Atlanta Apr 24