Mavs trade Mahinmi to Pacers for Collison, JonesJul 13, 2012 - 12:13 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - The Indiana Pacers have acquired center Ian Mahinmi from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for point guard Darren Collison and swingman Dahntay Jones.
The 25-year-old Mahinmi, a first-round pick by the Spurs in 2005, had spent the last two seasons playing for the Mavericks. In 61 contests last year, he averaged 5.8 points and 4.7 rebounds.
"This trade was an effort to shore up positions as part of our front court," said Pacers president of basketball operations Donnie Walsh. "We feel Ian will do a wonderful job being in our rotation. Our priority during the moratorium was to keep our own guys and shore up our bench. I feel like we are making strides in that direction."
Collison played for Indiana the last two seasons. In the 2011-12 campaign, he averaged 10.4 points. The first-round draft pick of New Orleans in 2009 has averaged 12.1 points over 215 career games.
In his three seasons with the Pacers, Jones averaged 7.6 points and 2.2 rebounds per game. He's also played for Memphis, Sacramento and Denver since starting his pro career in 2003.
"We are thrilled to add these two players to our roster," Mavericks general manager Donnie Nelson said. "Darren is a young, explosive point guard with tremendous upside. He has proven that he can lead a playoff team and we are excited about his potential. Dahntay is a rugged veteran who will play the kind of tough defense that will fit perfectly in Coach (Rick) Carlisle's system."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Curry carries Warriors over Mavericks 2:27a
- Warriors return home to entertain Mavericks Wed
- Pacers down Heat in rematch of 2013 ECF Wed
- Clash of the Titans: Pacers set for showdown with Heat Tue
- Shorthanded Kings pound Mavs Tue
- Kings welcome Mavs with big trade looming Mon
- Thunder stay perfect at home with win over Pacers Mon
- Pacers face another tough test in OKC Sun
- Mavs top Blazers on Ellis' buzzer-beater Sun
- Pacers get rare win in San Antonio Sun
- Red-hot Blazers welcome Mavs to Rose City Dec 7
- Heavyweights clash as Pacers, Spurs meet in San Antonio Dec 7