Grizzlies re-sign Speights, ArthurJul 13, 2012 - 10:46 PM Memphis, TN (Sports Network) - The Memphis Grizzlies re-signed forwards Marreese Speights and Darrell Arthur to multi-year contracts on Friday.
Terms of the deals were not revealed, but the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported both 24-year-olds will make around $9 million, with Speights' contract lasting two years and Arthur's for three.
Speights, the 16th overall pick in the 2008 draft, averaged 8.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in 60 games last season for the Grizzlies after coming over in a three-team trade from Philadelphia in January.
Arthur missed all of last season after suffering a torn right Achilles in December. The 6-foot-9 Kansas University product was coming off career highs of 9.1 points and 0.79 blocks in the 2010-11 season for Memphis.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Thunder get revenge, edge Grizzlies Thu
- Thunder, Grizzlies renew rivalry Wed
- Randolph leads Memphis past Orlando Tue
- Grizzlies' Pondexter out indefinitely Mon
- Grizzlies try to figure out home woes with Magic in town Mon
- Warriors overpower Grizzlies Sun
- Reeling Warriors head to Memphis Dec 7
- Paul helps Clippers cruise by Grizzlies Dec 6
- Clippers continue road trip at Memphis Dec 5
- Grizzlies down Suns with big second half Dec 3
- Grizzlies continue homestand versus Suns Dec 3
- Lopez, Johnson lead Nets past Memphis Dec 1