Grizzlies re-sign Speights, ArthurJul 13, 2012 - 10:46 PM Memphis, TN (Sports Network) - The Memphis Grizzlies re-signed forwards Marreese Speights and Darrell Arthur to multi-year contracts on Friday.
Terms of the deals were not revealed, but the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported both 24-year-olds will make around $9 million, with Speights' contract lasting two years and Arthur's for three.
Speights, the 16th overall pick in the 2008 draft, averaged 8.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in 60 games last season for the Grizzlies after coming over in a three-team trade from Philadelphia in January.
Arthur missed all of last season after suffering a torn right Achilles in December. The 6-foot-9 Kansas University product was coming off career highs of 9.1 points and 0.79 blocks in the 2010-11 season for Memphis.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Spurs hold off Grizzlies in OT Wed
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs Tue
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1 Sun
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals Sun
- NBA Playoff Preview - San Antonio vs. Memphis May 18
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in uncharted woods May 17
- Grizzlies hold off Thunder for first-ever trip to West Finals May 16
- Thunder hope to keep series alive against Memphis May 15
- Grizzlies rally past Thunder in OT May 14
- Thunder hope to knot up series with Memphis May 13
- Grizzlies edge Thunder late to take 2-1 series lead May 11
- Grizzlies, Thunder set for crucial Game 3 in Memphis May 11