Wizards amnesty F BlatcheJul 17, 2012 - 11:37 PM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - The Washington Wizards have waived Andray Blatche, designating the forward as their amnesty player.
The move takes Blatche's salary off the team's salary cap.
"Andray did not figure into our future plans, and using the amnesty provision is a mutually beneficial opportunity for us to part ways," Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said in a statement.
"We will be able to continue to develop our core group of young players, blend in the solid veterans we have acquired and maintain financial flexibility while Andray will be able to get a fresh start with another team. We wish him the best moving forward."
Blatche, 25, averaged 8.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 26 games for the Wizards this past season, missing some time with injuries. He has played all seven of his seasons for Washington since being taken in the second round of the 2005 draft, averaging 9.9 points and 5.4 rebounds in 409 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Nuggets escape Washington with narrow victory Mon
- Nuggets end long trip in Washington D.C. Mon
- Bucks take down Wizards in overtime Sat
- Wizards aim for winning record in meeting with Bucks Fri
- Wall leads Wizards past Magic Dec 3
- Wall, Wizards welcome Magic to Verizon Center Dec 2
- Wall, Wizards top Hawks Dec 1
- Hawks carry momentum into Washington Nov 30
- Pacers rout Wizards, remain unbeaten at home Nov 30
- Pacers seek league-best 15th win, host Wiz Nov 29
- Gortat helps Wizards overcome slumping Bucks in OT Nov 28
- Struggling Bucks play host to Wall, Wizards Nov 27