Wizards amnesty F BlatcheJul 17, 2012 - 11:37 PM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - The Washington Wizards have waived Andray Blatche, designating the forward as their amnesty player.
The move takes Blatche's salary off the team's salary cap.
"Andray did not figure into our future plans, and using the amnesty provision is a mutually beneficial opportunity for us to part ways," Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said in a statement.
"We will be able to continue to develop our core group of young players, blend in the solid veterans we have acquired and maintain financial flexibility while Andray will be able to get a fresh start with another team. We wish him the best moving forward."
Blatche, 25, averaged 8.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 26 games for the Wizards this past season, missing some time with injuries. He has played all seven of his seasons for Washington since being taken in the second round of the 2005 draft, averaging 9.9 points and 5.4 rebounds in 409 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- NBA veteran Collins tells SI he is gay Apr 29
- Boozer leads Bulls to victory in regular season finale Apr 18
- Bulls battle for five seed, welcome Wizards to Windy City Apr 17
- Shengelia provides spark for Nets in win over Wizards Apr 16
- Nets locked into fourth seed, host Wiz Apr 15
- Sixers roll past Wizards Apr 13
- Wizards entertain Sixers at Verizon Center Apr 12
- Heat defeat Wizards, set franchise season mark for wins Apr 11
- Heat aim for homecourt throughout playoffs against Wiz Apr 10
- Knicks win 13th in a row, clinch Atlantic crown Apr 10
- Knicks eye Atlantic Division crown versus Wizards Apr 9
- Celtics cruise past Wizards Apr 8