Celtics get Courtney Lee in 3-team dealJul 20, 2012 - 11:07 PM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics acquired guard Courtney Lee from the Houston Rockets in a sign-and-trade Friday as part of a three-team deal.
In return the Rockets received a second-round draft pick in 2013 along with forward JaJuan Johnson, guard E'Twaun Moore and big man Sean Williams.
Houston also acquired the draft rights to guard Jon Diebler from the Portland Trail Blazers.
The Blazers got swingman Sasha Pavlovic in a sign-and-trade with the Celtics and also received two 2013 second-round picks and cash considerations from Boston.
Lee, 26, averaged 11.4 points in 58 games for the Rockets last season and has also played for the Orlando Magic and New Jersey Nets in his four-year career.
"We are very excited that we were able to acquire Courtney Lee," Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said. "Courtney brings a vast set of tools on both ends of the court and will be a great fit on our roster."
Johnson and Moore were both rookies for the Celtics last season while Williams had played for the Nets and Dallas Mavericks previously.
Diebler, a second-round draft pick in 2011 out of Ohio State, played for the Greek team Panionios this past season.
Pavlovic, 28, is the veteran of the bunch having played nine seasons for six teams. He averaged 2.7 points in 45 games for Boston last season and has a career average of 5.1 points in 528 games.
Blazers general manager Neil Olshey said the trade was "a continuation of our pursuit of assets" and bolstered the team's roster. He said Pavlovic would add veteran leadership to the team and depth to the rotation.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Knicks avoid collapse, win first series since 2000 May 4
- Funeral on hold: Celtics hope to force Game 7 with Knicks May 3
- Garnett, Celts hold off Knicks May 1
- Blazers' Lillard named NBA's top rookie May 1
- Knicks try for first playoff series win in 13 years May 1
- Celtics prevail in OT, force Game 5 in New York Apr 28
- Sweep revenge? Knicks try to close out Celtics in 4 Apr 28
- Knicks cruise past Celts, take 3-0 series lead Apr 26
- Boston back home to try to salvage series with Knicks Apr 26
- Celtics' Rivers fined Apr 25
- Backed by Anthony, Knicks grab 2-0 series lead Apr 24
- Celtics shoot to even series with Knicks in MSG Apr 23