Nets ink second-round pick ShengeliaJul 24, 2012 - 3:47 PM Brooklyn, NY (Sports Network) - The Brooklyn Nets have signed forward Tornike Shengelia to an undisclosed contract.
Shengelia, a second-round pick last month whose draft rights were acquired by the Nets in a deal with Philadelphia, played five games for Brooklyn in the 2012 Orlando Pro Summer League and averaged 10.2 points with 3.6 rebounds.
"Toko had a very good summer league, which led us to signing him for this season," said Nets general manager Billy King.
The 6-foot-10 Shengelia averaged 8.9 points and 5.2 rebounds in 20 Belgium League games last season. He has also been a member of the Republic of Georgia's national team since 2008.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kidd seeks to add toughness and unselfish play to Nets Jun 14
- Kidd seeks to add toughness and unselfish play to Nets Jun 13
- Kidd to coach Nets Jun 12
- Nets part ways with Carlesimo May 5
- Depleted Bulls advance in Game 7 win over Nets May 4
- Nets, Bulls set for Game 7 May 4
- Nets top ailing Bulls, force Game 7 May 3
- Bulls go for series win back in the Windy City May 2
- Nets bounce back against Bulls, force Game 6 Apr 29
- Bulls can end series in Brooklyn Apr 29
- Bulls rally past Nets in 3-OT thriller Apr 28
- Bulls rally past Nets in 3-OT thriller Apr 27