Hornets sign top picks Davis, RiversJul 24, 2012 - 3:47 PM New Orleans, LA (Sports Network) - The New Orleans Hornets signed first overall draft pick Anthony Davis and 10th overall selection Austin Rivers to multi-year contracts Tuesday.
Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Davis' 4.7 blocks per game led the nation during his lone collegiate season with Kentucky. He also led his team in points (14.2), rebounds (10.4) and field goal percentage (62.3 percent).
His 186 blocks set an NCAA freshman record as he led the Wildcats to a national title.
Rivers became just the third freshman in Duke history to lead his team in scoring with 15.5 points per game last season. He added 3.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists a game while shooting 43.3 percent from the floor and 36.5 percent from three-point range for the Blue Devils.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Thunder rumble into New Orleans 10:14a
- Nowitzki's late free throws lift Mavs over Pelicans Thu
- Mavs face tough task in Big Easy Wed
- Pelicans' Davis out 4-to-6 weeks with broken hand Tue
- Pelicans outlast Bulls in triple-overtime thriller Tue
- Davis-less Pelicans close trek against Bulls Mon
- Pelicans lose Davis in win over Knicks Mon
- Pelicans' Davis breaks left hand Sun
- Slumping Knicks return home to face Pelicans Dec 1
- Holiday stars in return to Philly Nov 30
- Holiday returns as Sixers welcome Pelicans Nov 29
- Warriors hold off Hornets Nov 27