T-Wolves, Grizzlies make a dealJul 24, 2012 - 10:21 PM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - The Minnesota Timberwolves acquired forward Dante Cunningham from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for guard Wayne Ellington.
"We thank Wayne for his three seasons with the Wolves. He was the consummate professional and we wish him the best in Memphis," said David Kahn, Timberwolves president of basketball operations. "In Dante Cunningham we are getting a versatile forward who brings a defensive presence and an efficient offensive game to our team. Also, the addition of Dante helps balance our roster."
Ellington totaled 6.1 points and 1.9 rebounds over 51 games for Minnesota last season. In 189 games over three years, the suburban Philadelphia native and North Carolina product averaged 6.5 points and 1.9 boards per contest.
Cunningham racked up 5.2 points and 3.8 rebounds per game over 64 appearances in his lone season with Memphis. In four NBA seasons with three clubs, the Villanova product has poured in 5.2 points and 3.3 rebounds per game in 205 contests.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Spurs hold off Grizzlies in OT Wed
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs Tue
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1 Sun
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals Sun
- NBA Playoff Preview - San Antonio vs. Memphis May 18
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in uncharted woods May 17
- Grizzlies hold off Thunder for first-ever trip to West Finals May 16
- Thunder hope to keep series alive against Memphis May 15
- Grizzlies rally past Thunder in OT May 14
- Thunder hope to knot up series with Memphis May 13
- Grizzlies edge Thunder late to take 2-1 series lead May 11
- Grizzlies, Thunder set for crucial Game 3 in Memphis May 11