Clippers acquire Green from HawksJul 30, 2012 - 9:41 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Clippers acquired guard Willie Green from the Atlanta Hawks in a sign-and-trade deal for the draft rights to Sofoklis Schortsanitis on Monday.
Green, 31, tallied 7.6 points in 53 games for Atlanta last season.
Over the course of his nine-year career with the Philadelphia 76ers, New Orleans Hornets and Hawks, the Detroit Mercy product has career averages of 9.1 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
Schortsanitis was selected by the Clippers in the second round of the 2003 NBA Draft, but never suited up for the team. He most recently played for Panathinaikos Athens in Greece and Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Grizzlies oust Clippers in six games May 4
- Grizzlies seek revenge at home against Clips May 3
- Grizzlies down Clippers, grab 3-2 series lead May 1
- Clips, Grizz all even with series back in L.A. Apr 30
- Grizzlies down Clips, knot series at 2-2 Apr 27
- Grizzlies try to even up series with Clippers Apr 27
- Grizzlies get back into series with Game 3 win Apr 26
- Walking in Memphis: Grizz, Clips head east for Game 3 Apr 25
- Paul's last-second shot gives Clippers 2-0 series lead Apr 23
- Clips aim for another dominant performance in Game 2 vs. Memphis Apr 22
- Paul, Clippers rout Grizzlies Apr 21
- Clippers and Grizzlies to battle again in West quarters Apr 20