Celtics re-sign DoolingJul 31, 2012 - 8:26 PM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics have re-signed guard Keyon Dooling.
Dooling averaged 4.0 points and 1.1 assists in 46 games for Boston last season.
The 12-year pro has career averages of 7.0 points and 2.2 assists in 721 career games (86 starts) with Boston, Milwaukee, New Jersey, Orlando, Miami and the LA Clippers.
"Keyon's veteran leadership was a very welcome addition to our locker room last season," said Danny Ainge, Celtics president of basketball operations. "His infectious energy both on and off the court is a great asset for this team."
In addition, the Celtics signed center Jason Collins and guards Jamar Smith and Dionte Christmas.
Collins averaged 1.3 points and 1.6 rebounds in 30 contests (10 starts) for the Atlanta Hawks last season. The 11-year veteran has posted career averages of 3.8 points and 3.9 rebounds in 675 career games (467 starts) with the Nets, Grizzlies, Timberwolves and Hawks.
Smith appeared in 44 games last season for BK Prostov in the Czech Republic, averaging 14.8 points and 2.5 assists while shooting 39.3 percent from three- point territory.
Christmas played in 26 games during the 2011-12 season for AGO Rethymno Aegean in Greece and averaged 18.6 points, 4.4 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.6 steals.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Clippers win in Rivers' return to Boston Thu
- Rivers makes his return to Boston Wed
- Williams, Nets down Celtics Tue
- Celtics seek more success against Nets Tue
- Crawford, Aldridge named NBA Players of the Week Mon
- Celtics use fast start to blow past Knicks Sun
- Celtics, Knicks renew rivalry in MSG matinee Sun
- Celtics hold off Nuggets Dec 7
- Nuggets hope to start new win streak against Celtics Dec 6
- Crawford leads Celtics over Bucks Dec 4
- Bucks try for rare back-to-back wins against Boston Dec 3
- Bucks top Celtics Dec 1