Celtics re-sign DoolingJul 31, 2012 - 8:26 PM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics have re-signed guard Keyon Dooling.
Dooling averaged 4.0 points and 1.1 assists in 46 games for Boston last season.
The 12-year pro has career averages of 7.0 points and 2.2 assists in 721 career games (86 starts) with Boston, Milwaukee, New Jersey, Orlando, Miami and the LA Clippers.
"Keyon's veteran leadership was a very welcome addition to our locker room last season," said Danny Ainge, Celtics president of basketball operations. "His infectious energy both on and off the court is a great asset for this team."
In addition, the Celtics signed center Jason Collins and guards Jamar Smith and Dionte Christmas.
Collins averaged 1.3 points and 1.6 rebounds in 30 contests (10 starts) for the Atlanta Hawks last season. The 11-year veteran has posted career averages of 3.8 points and 3.9 rebounds in 675 career games (467 starts) with the Nets, Grizzlies, Timberwolves and Hawks.
Smith appeared in 44 games last season for BK Prostov in the Czech Republic, averaging 14.8 points and 2.5 assists while shooting 39.3 percent from three- point territory.
Christmas played in 26 games during the 2011-12 season for AGO Rethymno Aegean in Greece and averaged 18.6 points, 4.4 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.6 steals.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Knicks avoid collapse, win first series since 2000 May 4
- Funeral on hold: Celtics hope to force Game 7 with Knicks May 3
- Garnett, Celts hold off Knicks May 1
- Knicks try for first playoff series win in 13 years May 1
- Celtics prevail in OT, force Game 5 in New York Apr 28
- Sweep revenge? Knicks try to close out Celtics in 4 Apr 28
- Knicks cruise past Celts, take 3-0 series lead Apr 26
- Boston back home to try to salvage series with Knicks Apr 26
- Celtics' Rivers fined Apr 25
- Backed by Anthony, Knicks grab 2-0 series lead Apr 24
- Celtics shoot to even series with Knicks in MSG Apr 23
- Knicks harass Celtics in second-half, take Game 1 Apr 20