Timberwolves sign StiemsmaAug 2, 2012 - 7:30 PM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed center Greg Stiemsma to an undisclosed contract.
The 26-year-old free agent spent last season with the Boston Celtics and averaged 2.9 points with 3.2 rebounds and 1.55 blocks in 55 games.
"Greg had a fine rookie season for the Boston Celtics and is just beginning to mature as a player," said Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn. "The physical nature of his game and his ability to rebound and block shots will be a welcome addition to our front court."
The 6-foot-11 Wisconsin product was previously signed by the Wolves in April 2010 and waived five months later. He played in Turkey in 2008-09 and 2010-11, while also playing in South Korea and in the NBA Development League in 2009-10.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Timberwolves waive Roy May 10
- Saunders named new T-Wolves president, part owner May 3
- Kahn out, Saunders in after T-Wolves' shakeup May 2
- Balanced attack helps Timberwolves edge Spurs Apr 18
- McGrady, Spurs host Timberwolves in season finale Apr 17
- Jazz keep hopes alive in win over T'Wolves Apr 16
- Jazz continue push toward playoffs in meeting with Wolves Apr 15
- Timberwolves snap skid, top Suns Apr 14
- Wolves welcome Suns to Target Center Apr 13
- Jefferson drops 40 as Jazz down T'Wolves Apr 13
- Jazz hope to stay alive in playoff race, host Wolves Apr 12
- Griffin, Paul push Clippers past Timberwolves Apr 11