Dennis Lindsey named Jazz GMAug 7, 2012 - 6:02 PM Salt Lake City, UT (Sports Network) - The Utah Jazz named Dennis Lindsey general manager on Tuesday.
The club also announced that Kevin O'Connor will remain the executive vice president of basketball operations.
Lindsey joins the Jazz after spending the past five seasons as San Antonio's vice president and assistant GM.
"The addition of Dennis improves the Jazz not only for the upcoming season, but for many years to come," said Jazz CEO Greg Miller. "Dennis is an outstanding fit for the Jazz family as well as our community."
Directing all the team's player personnel matters, managing the team's salary cap and leading all draft-related efforts were among Lindsey's responsibilities with the Spurs.
"Dennis is a proven talent evaluator whose experience will be a real asset to the Jazz organization," O'Connor said. "He is a high-character individual who is well respected around the league and I look forward to working with him on a daily basis."
Lindsey also had an 11-year stint with the Houston Rockets. He started out as a video coordinator/scout and eventually wound up serving as the team's vice president of basketball operations and player personnel.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Utah loss gives Lakers playoff spot Apr 18
- Huge playoff implications when Jazz visit Grizzlies Apr 17
- Jazz keep hopes alive in win over T'Wolves Apr 16
- Jazz continue push toward playoffs in meeting with Wolves Apr 15
- Jefferson drops 40 as Jazz down T'Wolves Apr 13
- Jazz hope to stay alive in playoff race, host Wolves Apr 12
- Durant guides Thunder over Jazz Apr 10
- Jazz's Kanter out for season Apr 9
- Huge playoff implications at stake when OKC visits Jazz Apr 9
- Jazz continue playoff push with win over Warriors Apr 8
- Warriors eye playoff berth vs. hopeful Jazz Apr 7
- Jazz continue postseason push with win over Hornets Apr 6