Lakers bring in G Meeks; re-sign EbanksAug 13, 2012 - 9:11 PM El Segundo, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Lakers announced Monday that they have signed free-agent guard Jodie Meeks and re-signed forward Devin Ebanks.
Terms on both deals were not disclosed.
Meeks, 24, played in all 66 games, with 50 starts, last season for the Philadelphia 76ers, averaging 8.4 points, 2.4 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game.
Meeks was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks in the second round of the 2009 draft out of the University of Kentucky. He played three seasons with the Wildcats and led the SEC in scoring with 23.7 ppg and was a unanimous All-SEC First Team selection during his junior year.
Ebanks, a third-year player out of West Virginia, was taken by the Lakers in the second round of the 2010 draft. The 6-foot-9 forward appeared in 24 games, 12 starts, for Los Angeles last season, averaging 4.0 points, 2.3 rebounds and 0.5 assists per contest.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lakers' Gasol undergoes knee procedure May 9
- Lakers' Gasol to have knee procedure May 8
- Stretching the Field: There's nothing for Howard to mull over May 1
- Lakers' Jamison has surgery Apr 30
- Spurs sweep injury-plagued Lakers Apr 28
- Spurs ready to put down injury-ravaged Lakers Apr 28
- Spurs bury depleted Lakers to take 3-0 lead Apr 27
- Depleted Lakers welcome Spurs to Staples Center Apr 26
- Nash doubtful, Blake out for Lakers Apr 25
- Spurs grab 2-0 lead in win over Lakers Apr 25
- No Kobe tweeting when Lakers, Spurs meet in Game 2 Apr 24
- Big 3 pushes Spurs past Kobe-less Lakers Apr 21