Texas' Alexander takes weekly honorsApr 5, 2011 - 5:41 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - Joe Alexander of the Texas Legends was today named NBA Development League Performer of the Week for games played during the week of March 28.
Alexander, a 6-8, 220-pound forward out of West Virginia, who was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks in the first round (eighth overall) of the 2008 NBA Draft, led the Legends to a 2-1 record on the week, averaging 32.7 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists, shooting 66.7 percent (40-60) from the field.
Alexander, who has played with the Bucks and Chicago Bulls, scored 24 points in a 132-112 win over Springfield on Wednesday, and had a game-high 38 points, to go along with seven rebounds and three blocks in a 120-118 loss at Austin on Thursday. On Saturday, needing a win to secure a spot in the NBA D-League Playoffs, Alexander tallied 36 points, 15 rebounds, two assists and two blocks, leading the Legends to a 134-128 win at Austin in double overtime.
This week's honorable mention selections were Austin's Aubrey Coleman, who averaged 23.0 points, 5.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 2.3 steals in three games; Bakersfield's Willie Warren, who, on assignment from the Clippers, averaged 27.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists in three games; Erie's Ivan Johnson, who averaged 24.0 points 12.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 4.0 steals in two games; Fort Wayne's Darnell Lazare, who averaged 24.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals in two games; Idaho's Antoine Walker, who averaged 23.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists in two games; Iowa's Marqus Blakely, who averaged 19.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists in two games; Maine's DeShawn Sims, who averaged 29.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in two games; New Mexico's J.R. Giddens, who averaged 20.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in two games; Reno's Bobby Simmons, who averaged 20.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists in three games; Sioux Falls' Raymond Sykes, who averaged 32.0 points and 8.0 rebounds in two games; Texas' Rashad McCants, who averaged 23.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.3 assists in three games; Tulsa's Latavious Williams, who had 22 points and 17 rebounds in one game; and Utah's Brandon Costner, who averaged 20.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.3 assists in four games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bakersfield's Butch takes weekly honors Apr 9
- Rio Grande Valley's Goudelock takes weekly honors Apr 2
- Goudelock & Mitchell takes weekly honors Mar 26
- Springfield's Reed takes weekly honors Mar 19
- Rio Grande Valley's Glen Rice, Jr. takes weekly honors Mar 11
- Maine's Wright takes weekly honors Mar 5
- Springfield's Joseph takes weekly honors Feb 26
- Maine's Wright takes weekly honors Feb 14
- Sioux Falls' Nichols & Sloan takes weekly honors Feb 6
- Springfield's Shengelia takes weekly honors Jan 29
- Sioux Falls' Nichols takes weekly honors Jan 22
- Fort Wayne's Mitchell takes weekly honors Jan 10