Dartmouth beats Columbia 48-44Feb 20, 2010 - 2:43 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Clive Weeden scored 12 points and Ronnie Dixon had 11, including two free throws with 16 seconds left to seal Dartmouth's 48-44 win over Columbia for its first Ivy League win.
Dixon and Robbie Pride each hit a 3-pointer for the Big Green (5-18, 1-8), who finished 2-for-6 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent). The Lions were just 2-for-23 from long range (8.7 percent).
The Big Green snapped a seven-game losing slide.
The teams combined for just 32 total points in the first half, as Dartmouth had a two-point edge at halftime. The Big Green held the Lions off in the second frame, outscoring them 31-29 to seal it.
Asenso Ampim was the lone player in double figures for the Lions (9-14, 3-6) with 10 points. They lost despite winning the battle of bench scoring 20-5 and forcing Dartmouth into 16 turnovers.
Dartmouth outrebounded the Lions 37-34.
- COLUMBIA: 44
Feb 19 8:50 PM
- COLUMBIA: 15
Feb 19 7:43 PM
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Defending champion UConn opens season with win Nov 12
- Defending champs open up in Storrs against Lions Nov 11
- St. Mary's Kyle Smith hired as Columbia's coach May 2
- Jones leaves Columbia to take BC job Apr 9
- Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68 Mar 6
- Columbia beats Brown 65-56 Mar 6
- Yale knocks off Columbia 65-48 Mar 5
- Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43 Mar 5
- Princeton beats Columbia Feb 27
- Brown rolls past Dartmouth 76-57 Feb 27