UNC-Asheville rolls past Montreat 100-49Dec 14, 2009 - 12:38 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C.(AP) -- Sean Smith scored 18 points to lead five North Carolina-Asheville players in double figures in a 100-49 rout of Montreat on Sunday.
The Bulldogs (2-6) opened a four-game homestand by rolling to a 50-23 halftime lead on their way to winning their second straight game. It was their biggest victory since defeating Voorhees 103-44 on Nov. 25, 1988.
J.D. Primm scored 14 points, John Williams had 11 and Chris Stephenson and Quinard Jackson scored 10 each for the Bulldogs.
They were 32-for-65 from the field (49.2 percent), the first time they've shot better than 43 percent from the floor this season.
D.J. Cunningham had nine rebounds as the Bulldogs outrebounded Montreat 58-32.
Seth Moore led the Cavaliers (2-11) with eight points. Montreat, a NAIA program that has lost six consecutive games, shot 29.3 percent from the field (17-for-58).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- North Carolina's Bullock going pro Apr 16
- Strong 2nd half pushes Kansas past UNC Mar 24
- Tar Heels, Jayhawks meet in clash of college hoops royalty Mar 23
- Tar Heels advance with win over Villanova Mar 23
- Wildcats take on Tar Heels in second-round affair Mar 21
- Raising Cane: Miami downs North Carolina for first ever ACC title Mar 17
- Heels, 'Canes square off for ACC Tournament crown Mar 17
- Plumlee, Duke crush rival UNC to end regular season Mar 10
- Tobacco Road rivals square off in season finale Mar 9
- Duke rallies in 2nd half, fights off UNC Feb 14
- Duke and UNC clash in Tobacco Road rivalry Feb 13
- Long-range shooting helps Hurricanes crush Tar Heels Feb 9