UTSA upends Sam Houston St 91-90 in overtimeFeb 21, 2010 - 4:28 AM SAN ANTONIO(AP) -- Devin Gibson scored 22 points, Morris Smith IV added a double-double and UTSA ended Sam Houston State's 11-game winning streak with a 91-90 overtime victory Saturday night.
Smith IV finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds and Terry Fields and Omar Johnson each had 19 points for the Roadrunners (16-9, 6-6 Southland).
A 5-0 run in the final 21 seconds of overtime, highlighted by a steal and two free throws by Johnson, gave UTSA a 91-87 lead with 4 seconds to play before Drae Murray hit a 3 for the Bobcats (19-6, 11-1)
Corey Allmond led six Sam Houston State players with 17 points. Lance Pevehouse added 16, Gilberto Clavell 14 and Ashton Mitchell 13.
After a free throw by Johnson in the final minute of regulation gave UTSA a 77-74 lead, Murray hit a 3 with 14 seconds remaining. The Roadrunners then missed three shots, sending the game into overtime.
- SAM HOUSTON STATE: 90
Final - OT
Feb 20 10:31 PM
- SAM HOUSTON STATE: 44
Feb 20 8:49 PM
- Top-ranked Indiana blasts Sam Houston State Nov 15
- Bearkats come north seeking upset of top-ranked Hoosiers Nov 15
- Turner leads defensive Aggies past Bearkats Dec 7
- Sam Houston State comes calling on No. 22 Texas A&M Dec 7
- Texas wins easy at home against SHS Nov 23
- Udoh leads Baylor past Sam Houston State 68-59 Mar 18
- Sam Houston St.-Baylor Preview Mar 18
- Sam Houston State wins Southland tournament title Mar 13
- Sam Houston State moves to fianls with 88-85 win Mar 12
- Top seed Sam Houston State escapes with 62-57 win Mar 10
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi knocks out UTSA 78-66 Mar 10
- Fields's shot in final minute gives UTSA 65-63 win Mar 6