SE Louisiana tops Central Arkansas in OT, 65-60Feb 28, 2010 - 12:59 AM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Brandon Fortenberry scored 17 points and Southeastern Louisiana defeated Central Arkansas 65-60 in overtime on Saturday.
Trent Hutchin scored 11 points, and Patrick Sullivan and Robert Tibbs each had nine points and 10 rebounds for the Lions (16-11, 8-6 Southland).
Mitch Rueter's free throws with 54 seconds left gave Central Arkansas (8-20, 2-12) a 53-52 lead with 54 seconds left in regulation. Fortenberry made the second of his two free-throw attempts with 10 seconds remaining to force overtime.
The Lions never trailed in overtime, with Fortenberry's 3-pointer putting them ahead to stay at 58-55.
Rueter led the Bears with 18 points. Jared Rehmel had 12 points and Dewan Clayborn added 10, with Carlos Dos Santos scoring eight points and contributing 10 rebounds.
Southeastern Louisiana led 25-24 at halftime. Neither team shot well from outside, with the Lions making 36 percent of their shots and the Bears making 33 percent.
- SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA: 65
CENTRAL ARKANSAS: 60
Final - OT
Feb 27 7:21 PM
- SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA: 24
CENTRAL ARKANSAS: 25
Feb 27 5:55 PM
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- No. 23 Wisconsin hosts SE Louisiana in 2012-13 lidlifter Nov 11
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28
- Missouri crushes Central Arkansas Dec 18
- Williamson taking over at Cent. Arkansas Mar 12
- Sam Houston State moves to fianls with 88-85 win Mar 12
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- Central Arkansas beats McNeese State 76-72 Mar 6