Young leads Pacific over Long Beach State, 61-51Feb 28, 2010 - 5:57 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Demetrece Young had 16 points, four rebounds and three assists to lead Pacific to a 61-51 victory against Long Beach State on Saturday night.
Sam Willard's 3-pointer and a four-point play by Young began a game-ending 16-8 run by the Tigers (18-10, 10-4 Big West).
Willard had 12 points and seven rebounds.
T.J. Robinson had 19 points and eight rebounds to lead Long Beach State (14-15, 7-8).
The lead changed hands six times in the second half before Michael Nunnally's two free throws with nine minutes remaining gave Pacific the lead for good.
- Oregon tops Pacific Nov 29
- Oregon hosts Pacific in Global Sports Challenge Nov 29
- VCU rebounds with win over Long Beach State Nov 22
- Rams seek quick turnaround in clash with 49ers Nov 22
- Michigan cruises past Long Beach State Nov 21
- Wolverines and 49ers meet in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 21
- Arizona dominates Long Beach State Nov 12
- No. 6 Arizona entertains Long Beach State Nov 11
- Verlin replaces Thomason at Pacific Mar 27
- Hurricanes blow by Pacific in NCAA opener Mar 22
- East Regional action pits Hurricanes against Tigers Mar 21
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17