High Point 73, N.C.-Asheville 84Mar 3, 2010 - 3:17 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- J.P. Primm scored 23 points and dished out 11 assists in North Carolina-Asheville's 84-73 win over High Point in the quarterfinals of the Big South Conference tournament on Tuesday night.
Sean Smith added 20 points, going 5-for-11 on 3-pointers, and Matt Dickey had 18 for the Bulldogs (15-15), who won their ninth straight.
UNC-Asheville broke a three-game conference tournament losing streak to the Panthers (15-15), and will play host Coastal Carolina in the semifinals on Thursday.
The Bulldogs led 12-9 with 12:29 left in the first half, and pulled away with a 13-2 run to lead 25-11 on Dickey's 3 with 7:51 left in the first half.
High Point pulled within 76-70 with 58 seconds left, but UNC-Asheville scored seven straight - all on free throws - to seal the win.
Nick Barbour scored 25 points, Corey Law added 14 and David Campbell 10 for the Panthers.
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15
- Bulldogs face unenviable task against seventh-ranked Buckeyes Dec 15
- No. 16 NC State squeaks past UNC-Asheville Nov 23
- No. 16 Wolfpack set to pounce on Bulldogs Nov 23
- Syracuse avoids scare, advances past Bulldogs Mar 15
- Top-seeded Orange begin tournament play against Bulldogs Mar 15
- Asheville downs VMI for 2nd straight Big South title Mar 3
- Keydets and Bulldogs meet in Big South title tilt Mar 3
- Napier, Lamb power UConn to win over UNC-Asheville Nov 24
- No. 4 UConn heads to Bahamas to battle UNC-Asheville Nov 24