Chattanooga's Patterson released from hospitalMar 8, 2010 - 1:43 AM CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Chattanooga basketball player Ty Patterson was released from Carolinas Medical Center on Sunday after what a school official termed a "sudden cardiac event" during a game on Saturday night.
Patterson, a 6-foot-6 senior from Anderson, S.C., collapsed with 11:14 remaining in Chattanooga's 96-69 loss to College of Charleston in the Southern Conference Tournament quarterfinals. He was carried out on a stretcher and received oxygen.
Patterson will be treated further when he returns to Chattanooga. He was well enough to attend the Chattanooga women's win over Georgia Southern on Sunday afternoon.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Jayhawks use second-half surge to down Mocs Nov 16
- Mocs face tall task in clash with seventh-ranked Jayhawks Nov 15
- Wildcats whip Mocs Dec 17
- Mocs face tall task in visit to third-ranked Wildcats Dec 17
- NCAA finds Chattanooga guilty of major violations Sep 23
- College of Charleston defeats Chattanooga 96-69 Mar 6
- Chattanooga tops Georgia Southern 82-62 Mar 5
- Western Carolina defeats Chattanooga 78-70 Feb 27