South Dakota routs NJIT 83-49Mar 8, 2010 - 4:15 AM VERMILLION, S.D.(AP) -- Steve Smith scored 21 points to lead South Dakota past NJIT 83-49 Sunday night.
Tyler Cain had 11 points and 14 rebounds for the Coyotes (20-9, 11-1), who clinched the Great West Conference regular-season championship Saturday night with a victory over Houston Baptist.
Roman Gentry added 16 points, Louie Krogman had 14 and Kendall Cutler 10 for South Dakota, which led 40-27 at halftime. The final margin of 34 points was the biggest lead of the game.
Chris Flores had 26 points to lead all scorers for the Highlanders (9-20, 4-8), and Jheryl Wilson scored 10 and contributed eight rebounds. The game was scheduled for last month, but it was postponed when NJIT was unable to get out of Newark due to a heavy snowstorm.
- NJIT: 49
SOUTH DAKOTA: 83
Mar 7 10:53 PM
- NJIT: 27
SOUTH DAKOTA: 40
Mar 7 9:57 PM
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18
- Coyotes hoping to knock off 19th-ranked Zags Nov 18
- North Dakota claims second straight Great West Conference title Mar 10
- Great West crown on the line in Windy City Mar 10
- North Dakota tops South Dakota in 2OT for Great West title Mar 13
- S. Dakota tops Houston Baptist 91-86 in Great West Mar 14
- Houston Baptist defeats NJIT 74-64 Mar 12
- South Dakota rallies past Texas-Pan American 76-71 Mar 12
- Flores leads NJIT to 70-57 win over North Dakota Mar 11