Eastern Illinois' Laser denied additional year of eligibilityJul 7, 2011 - 9:13 PM Charleston, IL (Sports Network) - Eastern Illinois' appeal for an additional year of eligibility for guard Tyler Laser was denied by the NCAA on Thursday.
Laser, who was seeking a fifth year of eligibility, appeared in 10 games for the Panthers last season before missing the rest of the campaign due to injury.
Had Laser appeared in only nine games last season, he would have automatically regained the year of eligibility. The 10 games, however, is one of the NCAA's participation limit.
Laser graduated in May. He averaged 13.9 points as a junior, earning All-Ohio Valley Conference first-team honors and finished his career with 1,087 points.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28
- Wilson helps Murray State stay unbeaten Dec 30
- Eastern Illinois entertains No. 20 Murray State Dec 30
- Easley sparks Murray State past E. Illinois 55-51 Mar 5
- E. Kentucky 61, E. Illinois 68 Mar 2
- Eastern Illinois tops Tennessee State 66-61 Feb 27
- Eastern Illinois turns away Austin Peay 83-73 Feb 25
- Eastern Illinois slips by Northern Illinois 73-70 Feb 20