Wildcats whip MocsDec 18, 2011 - 4:32 AM Lexington, KY (Sports Network) - Doron Lamb posted 24 points to pace No. 3 Kentucky to an 87-62 rout of Chattanooga.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist tallied 17 points for the Wildcats (9-1), who bounced back from a shocking 73-72 loss at Indiana last Saturday. Anthony Davis had a monster game with 14 points, 18 rebounds and five blocks.
Darius Miller ended with 12 points, while Marquis Teague recorded 11 points and eight assists for the Wildcats, who began the game with a 13-0 run.
There was some concerning news for the Wildcats, as starting forward Terrence Jones dislocated his finger.
"I don't know what that means, how long he'll be out, but he did dislocate it. He tried to come back and play but just couldn't do it," Kentucky coach John Calipari said.
Drazen Zlovaric scored 15 and had nine boards for the Mocs (3-8), who have never beaten the Wildcats.
"It's very difficult to play against a team so long because they can block so many shots," Zlovaric said. "We were just going to stick to our game plan and keep attempting to take it to them. They are a very good team."
A pair of turnovers and four missed shots early on allowed the Wildcats to take a huge advantage. Kyle Wiltjer ended the opening run with a three-pointer 3:23 into the contest. Davis scored six during the spurt.
Kentucky continued to apply pressure and expanded the lead to 31-11 with 7:40 left in the opening half after a Lamb jumper.
Chattanooga shot 8-of-32 over the opening 20 minutes and fell behind 39-23 at the break.
The Wildcats led by as many as 34 in the second half.
Kentucky shot 48.5 percent from the field, compared to 33.3 percent for the Mocs...Ricky Taylor scored 11 for Chattanooga...Lamb went 4-of-9 from three- point range, part of a 12-of-33 effort for Kentucky...Kentucky leads the series, 12-0, and is 18-0 all-time against teams from the current configuration of the Southern Conference...UK is a perfect 39-0 under Calipari at Rupp Arena, the longest win streak in venue history.
- Calipari, No. 1 Kentucky to meet former assistant Antigua Thu
- Kentucky signs 6 in latest top-flight recruiting class Nov 19
- Skal Labissiere looks to take next step for No. 2 Kentucky Nov 16
- Second-ranked Kentucky starts season with 3 games in 5 days Nov 12
- Labissiere leads No. 2 Kentucky in exhibition win Nov 6
- Kentucky shellacks Ottawa 117-58 in exhibition opener Nov 2
- John Calipari: Kentucky might be better later than sooner Oct 29
- Kentucky Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Kentucky has its annual Blue-White scrimmage Oct 27
- Kentucky's Calipari announces Breeders' Cup post positions Oct 26
- Kentucky stages annual Big Blue Madness Oct 17
- Wildcats try to reload after losing 7 players from 38-1 team Oct 15