2012 2K Sports Classic field announcedMar 6, 2012 - 5:22 PM Princeton, NJ (Sports Network) - Villanova, Purdue, Alabama and Oregon State will participate in the 18th annual 2K Sports Classic.
A total of 12 teams from across the country will compete in the event, with Villanova, Purdue, Alabama and Oregon State hosting regional round games in early November.
The four regional hosts will advance to the championship rounds, which will be played at Madison Square Garden from November 15-16, while the rest of the field will compete in subregionals held at campus sites.
The bracket for the classic will be announced at a later date.
Mississippi State defeated Arizona, 67-57, in the 2011 2K Sports Classic championship game.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 14 'Nova routs SJU in Philly's Holy War Sat
- Big Five matchup pits Wildcats against Hawks Sat
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Thu
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Wed
- Villanova captures Battle 4 Atlantis crown with win over No. 23 Iowa Dec 1
- Iowa and Villanova meet for Battle 4 Atlantis crown Nov 30
- Villanova shocks No. 2 Kansas Nov 30
- No. 2 Kansas takes on Villanova in semifinal action Nov 29
- Parker leads No. 6 Duke past Alabama Nov 28
- Duke and Alabama meet in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- Alabama shores up roster, adds Kessens May 7
- Crimson Tide lose key piece by releasing Lacey Apr 24