Oriakhi to transfer from UConn to MizzouApr 14, 2012 - 1:20 AM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Alex Oriakhi, a 6-foot-9, 245-pound power forward who helped lead the University of Connecticut to the 2011 national championship, has decided to transfer to Missouri.
Oriakhi, who will have one year of eligibility remaining after transferring, can start playing immediately next season for the Tigers. That's due to the NCAA sanctions imposed on UConn.
He averaged 7.2 points and 6.8 rebounds over 109 games the past three seasons at UConn. Oriakhi also blocked 166 shots in that span.
"We're very excited to add a talented and proven player like Alex to our program," said Missouri coach Frank Haith. "Addressing our front court depth has been a major emphasis of ours for this next year, and when you add Alex to a group of newcomers including Stefan Jankovic, Ryan Rosburg and Tony Criswell, we are definitely heading the right direction. Alex is a very hard worker, he's somebody who we expect to fit into our program's culture right away."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pressey to enter NBA Draft Apr 10
- Green, Rams down Tigers Mar 22
- Tigers butt heads with Rams in Midwest Regional Mar 20
- Missouri continues dominance at home by upending No. 5 Florida Feb 20
- Gators and Tigers square off in SEC showdown Feb 19
- Missouri blasts Ole Miss to maintain home success Feb 9
- Missouri puts lengthy home win streak on line against Ole Miss Feb 9
- Harris' late 3-pointer helps Texas A&M edge Missouri Feb 8
- No. 21 Tigers set sights on Aggies in SEC affair Feb 7
- Bell leads Missouri over Auburn Feb 2
- Auburn and Missouri collide in SEC catfight Feb 2
- Bowers returns, but No. 17 Mizzou falls at LSU Jan 30