Leslie to return to NC StateApr 18, 2012 - 5:08 PM Raleigh, NC (Sports Network) - North Carolina State leading scorer C.J. Leslie will return for his junior season.
Leslie led the Wolfpack with an average of 14.7 points and added 7.3 rebounds while shooting a career-best 52.5 percent from the field in 34 games this past season. He helped NC State to its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2006.
"After talking this over with my family, we have decided it would best for me to return for my junior year," Leslie said in a statement. "I'm on track to graduate, which is important to me and my family, and I'm excited about building on what the team accomplished last season. There are parts of my game I want to continue to work on and take more of a leadership role with the team."
The 6-foot-8 forward was an All-ACC Second-Team selection this past season and an All-ACC Tournament First-Team pick.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- One less in the Wolfpack: Purvis to transfer from NC State Apr 1
- NC State's Leslie to enter NBA Draft Apr 1
- Wolfpack's Brown to enter NBA Draft Mar 28
- Wyatt lifts Temple over N.C. State Mar 22
- Owls and Wolfpack meet up in East Regional showdown Mar 21
- Ninth-ranked Hurricanes beat NC State, blow into ACC final Mar 16
- Pack, 'Canes mix it up in ACC Tournament semifinals Mar 16
- No. 4 Duke uses early blitz to beat NC State Feb 8
- Tobacco Road rivals clash in ACC showdown Feb 7
- Miami wins thriller over NC State Feb 2
- Wolfpack and Hurricanes meet in Top-25 ACC action Feb 2
- Virginia knocks off NC State Jan 29