Arizona State's Trent Lockett to transfer to MarquetteMay 6, 2012 - 12:04 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Trent Lockett, who led Arizona State in scoring last season, will transfer to Marquette to finish his college basketball career.
The guard is making the move to be closer with his mother, who has been diagnosed with cancer. She lives in Minnesota.
"We continue to support Trent and his family through this difficult time," Arizona State coach Herb Sendek said in a statement. "We are proud of all that he has accomplished at Arizona State, including being able to celebrate his graduation this weekend with family and friends, and know he will always be a Sun Devil at heart. We are glad he has found a good place to complete his college career close to home so he can provide support to his mom Judy and know the Sun Devil nation will continue to follow his career."
Lockett, who averaged 13 points and 5.8 rebounds in 25 starts last season, graduated with a degree in business communications from ASU.
"Words can't express my gratitude to the program and all it has given me," Lockett said. "I am now a proud graduate of ASU. I appreciate ASU's patience with me over the last few weeks as my family and I have made this difficult decision to transfer to another school and be closer to home. It's the hardest decision I've ever had to make. The reason I am transferring is to be closer to my mom, but at the same time I needed to make a good basketball decision, and Marquette provides a great fit for me to finish my collegiate basketball career."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Badgers prevail in in-state battle with Marquette Dec 7
- Badgers put perfect mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 7
- SDSU downs No. 25 Marquette to capture Wooden Legacy crown Dec 2
- Marquette battles San Diego State for Wooden crown Dec 1
- Marquette beats GW to reach Wooden Legacy finals Nov 29
- Colonials tangle with Golden Eagles Nov 29
- McDermott, Bluejays scorch Sun Devils Nov 29
- Marquette tops Cal State Fullerton Nov 28
- Golden Eagles eye up Titans in Wooden Legacy Nov 28
- Creighton battles Arizona State in Wooden Legacy Nov 28
- ASU swats away No. 25 Marquette Nov 26
- Sun Devils host Golden Eagles in desert duel Nov 25