Pitt to have Zeigler for 2012-13 seasonMay 25, 2012 - 10:30 PM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - The University of Pittsburgh announced Friday that incoming transfer Trey Zeigler, a guard, will be eligible for the upcoming season rather than sitting out a year. The NCAA waived the mandatory one-year sit-out rule.
Zeigler transferred to Pitt in April after starring the past two seasons at Central Michigan University. He averaged 15.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game during his sophomore season.
"Trey was hopeful he would be eligible to play this year," Panthers coach Jamie Dixon said. "Our associate athletic director Dan Bartholomae has been outstanding throughout this entire process with the NCAA and we are all very grateful that it worked out in Trey's favor."
Zeigler's father, Ernie Zeigler, was not retained as head coach of the Chippewas, following an 11-21 mark last season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pitt signs Dixon through 2022-23 Mar 23
- Wichita State upends Pitt in West Region Mar 21
- Shockers, Panthers set for NCAA Tournament tussle Mar 20
- Southerland, Orange down Panthers in Big East Quarters Mar 14
- Quarterfinal action pits Panthers against Orange Mar 14
- Pitt's hot shooting scorches DePaul Mar 10
- No. 20 Pittsburgh closes out Big East play against DePaul Mar 9
- Panthers take down Wildcats in OT Mar 4
- Panthers dominate Bulls in second half Feb 27
- Panthers set to pounce on Bulls in Big East affair Feb 27
- Pitt cruises over St. John's Feb 25
- No. 20 Panthers seek turnaround against Red Storm Feb 24