Wyoming gives Shyatt extensionJun 8, 2012 - 3:48 AM Laramie, WY (Sports Network) - Wyoming signed head men's basketball coach Larry Shyatt to a one-year contract extension on Thursday.
With the one-year extension, Shyatt is now under contract with Wyoming through the 2016-17 season.
Shyatt guided the Cowboys to a 21-12 record in 2011-12, the program's first 20-win season since 2002-03. The team's 11-game improvement over the previous season ranked in the top 10 in the nation. Wyoming's berth in the College Basketball Invitational was its first postseason appearance since 2009.
"We are thrilled with the work Coach [Larry] Shyatt has done on and off the floor in his first year back at the University of Wyoming," Wyoming athletics director Tom Burman said. "His desire to rebuild Cowboy basketball is evident by the long-term visionary decisions he is continually making for the team. This shows his commitment to the continued success of our basketball program."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- New Mexico takes down Wyoming in MWC quarters Mar 14
- Cowboys, Lobos square off in MWC Tournament quarterfinals Mar 13
- No. 14 New Mexico handles slumping Wyoming Mar 2
- Pokes take aim at 14th-ranked Lobos Mar 2
- New Mexico escapes Wyoming with win Jan 31
- Lobos head north for Mountain West tussle with Cowboys Jan 30
- Cowboys, Washington stifle San Diego State Jan 19
- 15th-ranked Aztecs take on Cowboys in Mountain West clash Jan 19
- Washington, Wyoming top No.19 Colorado Dec 2
- Cowboys try to lasso 19th-ranked Buffaloes Dec 1
- UNLV holds off Wyoming Mar 9