Calhoun fractures hip in bike spillAug 5, 2012 - 3:37 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - University of Connecticut men's head basketball coach Jim Calhoun fractured his hip in a biking accident Saturday afternoon.
The Hartford Courant reported Calhoun, an avid bike rider, fell near his summer home in Madison when he slipped and lost control of his bicycle in some sand.
Calhoun broke five ribs during a charity bike ride in 2009.
Due to the accident, the 70-year-old had to miss his charity All-Star game at the Mohegan Sun Arena.
He is scheduled to undergo surgery Saturday night at the UConn Health Center in Farmington and is expected to make a full recovery.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Napier's buzzer-beater leads UConn past Florida Dec 2
- Florida meets UConn in clash of ranked foes Dec 2
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- UConn survives Indiana in another close one at MSG Nov 22
- Hoosiers and Huskies clash for 2K Sports Classic title Nov 22
- No. 18 UConn holds on to beat BC Nov 22
- Huskies and Eagles clash in 2K Sports Classic Nov 21
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17