Calhoun fractures hip in bike spillAug 5, 2012 - 3:37 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - University of Connecticut men's head basketball coach Jim Calhoun fractured his hip in a biking accident Saturday afternoon.
The Hartford Courant reported Calhoun, an avid bike rider, fell near his summer home in Madison when he slipped and lost control of his bicycle in some sand.
Calhoun broke five ribs during a charity bike ride in 2009.
Due to the accident, the 70-year-old had to miss his charity All-Star game at the Mohegan Sun Arena.
He is scheduled to undergo surgery Saturday night at the UConn Health Center in Farmington and is expected to make a full recovery.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- UConn's Napier returning for senior year Apr 26
- UConn adds former player as assistant coach Apr 24
- Porter leads Georgetown past UConn in 2-OT thriller Feb 27
- Hoyas and Huskies collide in key Big East tilt Feb 27
- UConn downs Syracuse in final Big East meeting Feb 13
- No. 6 Orange and Huskies collide in Big East brawl Feb 13
- Smith helps No. 1 Louisville cruise past UConn Jan 14
- UConn topples No. 17 Notre Dame in South Bend Jan 12
- Irish host Huskies in Big East play Jan 12
- UConn gives Ollie 5-year extension Dec 29
- NC State drops UConn in Jimmy V finale Dec 5
- Wolfpack and Huskies meet in Jimmy V Classic Dec 4