No. 4 Stanford thumps ColoradoJan 15, 2012 - 2:01 AM Boulder, CO (Sports Network) - Joslyn Tinkle netted a game-high 20 points leading the fourth-ranked Stanford Cardinal to an 80-54 drubbing of Colorado on Saturday.
Chiney Ogwumike finished with 19 points and nine rebounds, while Toni Kokenis contributed 19 points and five rebounds for Stanford (15-1, 6-0 Pac-12), which has won 11 consecutive games. Nnemkadi Ogwumike had 15 points and five boards in the victory.
Jen Reese and Brittany Wilson paced the Buffaloes (13-3, 2-3) with 10 points apiece, while Julie Seabrook contributed eight points in the loss. Colorado has lost three of its last four games.
Stanford opened the contest with a 9-0 run, capped by a three-pointer by Ogwumike. A pair of free throws by Jasmine Sborov finally stopped the run to get Colorado on the board and make it 9-2 with 13 minutes to play in the first half.
Lexy Kresl sank a three-pointer with just over nine minutes to go in the opening 20 minutes to make it 13-9, but then Stanford began to take control of the game.
The Cardinal went on a 19-6 run to close out the first half holding a comfortable 32-15 advantage at the break.
Stanford continued to make shots in the second half and Colorado never got close in the latter 20 minutes of play.
Stanford shot 50 percent from the field, while Colorado shot 33 percent (19- of-58) and just 16 percent (3-of-19) from three-point range.
- STANFORD: 80
Jan 14 7:58 PM
- STANFORD: 32
Jan 14 6:51 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 14 6:10 PM
- Georgia upsets top-seeded Stanford, advances to Elite Eight Mar 31
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- Buffaloes bowled over by Kansas in first round Mar 23
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Stanford dominates Washington State in Pac-12 QFs Mar 9
- Ogwumike, Stanford down WSU for 14th straight victory Mar 2
- Cardinal cruise past slipping Huskies Mar 1
- Ogwumike sets Stanford single-game rebound record in rout of Oregon Feb 24
- No. 4 Stanford dominates Oregon State Feb 23
- Stanford stays hot by topping No. 15 UCLA Feb 17