No. 15 Xavier beats Austin Peay 87-41Dec 23, 2009 - 8:23 PM CINCINNATI(AP) -- Ta'Shia Phillips had her seventh double-double of the season Wednesday, leading Xavier to an 87-41 victory over Austin Peay.
The 6-foot-6 center had 20 points and 10 rebounds for her 41st career double-double, helping Xavier (9-2) take control from the outset. The Musketeers opened with an 18-3 run and led 44-15 at halftime.
Amber Harris added 17 points and nine rebounds, while freshman Katie Rutan went 5 of 12 from behind the 3-point arc and finished with 17 points.
Austin Peay (3-9) couldn't handle Xavier's height advantage. Dalila Thomas, Austin Peay's tallest starter at 6-foot-1, picked up two fouls in the first three minutes and went to the bench. Jasmine Rayner, her 5-foot-10 replacement, finished with a team-high 15 points.
- AUSTIN PEAY: 41
Dec 23 2:45 PM
- AUSTIN PEAY: 15
Dec 23 1:46 PM
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 title Mar 7
- Xavier advances to A-10 title game Mar 6
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23
- Phillips, Xavier push win streak to 13 games Feb 20
- No. 6 Xavier rolls past Saint Louis Feb 16
- No. 7 Xavier dominates Fordham Feb 12
- Phillips, Moss propel Xavier past Richmond Feb 9
- Harris helps Xavier edge Dayton in OT Feb 5