Shoves leads No. 22 Gonzaga over San Diego 75-61Feb 14, 2010 - 12:13 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- Tiffanie Shives scored 20 points and Courtney Vandersloot had 18 points and nine assists to help No. 22 Gonzaga beat San Diego 75-61 on Saturday.
The victory was the 12th in a row for the Bulldogs (21-4, 10-0 West Coast Conference).
Shives hit a career-high six 3-pointers. Her first four helped the Bulldogs jump out to a 42-22 lead.
However, the Torreros, sparked by Morgan Henderson and Dominique Conners, went on a 10-0 run to cut the margin to 10-points early in the second half.
San Diego (14-11, 6-5) pulled to within seven points at 63-56 with 6:02 remaining, but Vandersloot made a 3 to ease the Bulldogs back infront by 10.
Vivian Frieson had 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Bulldogs while teammate Heather Bowman had 14 points.
Henderson and Conners each had 17 for San Diego.
- Cyclones blow by Gonzaga in first round Mar 23
- No. 1 Stanford cruises past Gonzaga Dec 2
- Kentucky's hot shooting ends Gonzaga's run in the Sweet 16 Mar 25
- 11th-seeded Gonzaga continues improbable run to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- Gonzaga upsets sixth-seeded Rutgers Mar 17
- Cardinal back in Final Four after knocking off Gonzaga Mar 29
- Gonzaga continues its hot play, advances to first-ever Elite Eight Mar 27
- Gonzaga's Vandersloot makes history as Bulldogs advance Mar 22
- Bulldogs advance with upset victory over Iowa Mar 19
- Xavier pushes past Gonzaga to reach regional final Mar 28
- Gonzaga-Xavier Preview Mar 26
- Xavier women out for revenge against Gonzaga Mar 26