Notre Dame uses big second half to top CincinnatiFeb 26, 2011 - 9:54 PM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Becca Bruszewski, Devereaux Peters and Skyler Diggins each scored 12 points, as No. 8 Notre Dame topped Cincinnati, 66-48.
Peters also grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked three shots for the Fighting Irish (24-5, 13-2 Big East), winners of 11 of the last 12 games.
Kayla Cook led all scorers with 18 points thanks to a 4-for-4 showing from beyond the three-point arc, as the Bearcats (8-19, 1-14) dropped their 13th straight game. Shareese Ulis added 14 points in the loss.
Up 28-20 at the half, Notre Dame scored the first 21 points out of the break. The big run was capped off by Bruszewski's free throws, and the Fighting Irish cruised to the win making 11-of-16 shots from the line in the second half.
- CINCINNATI: 48
NOTRE DAME: 66
Feb 26 3:42 PM
- CINCINNATI: 20
NOTRE DAME: 28
Feb 26 2:40 PM
- CINCINNATI: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 2:10 PM
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34 4:46p
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso Mon
- Turner, No. 3 Notre Dame women top South Dakota State 75-64 Nov 21
- No. 3 Notre Dame wins 74-39 over cold-shooting Toledo Nov 18
- McGraw wants No. 3 Irish to know success isn't guaranteed Nov 4
- Notre Dame guard Patberg out for season with torn ACL Nov 3
- Notre Dame looks to depth to replace Loyd, seeks 6th Final 4 Oct 12
- Auriemma, UConn win 10th national title Apr 7
- Notre Dame edges South Carolina, advances to championship Apr 5
- Notre Dame advances to Final Four with win over Baylor Mar 29
- Irish ease past Stanford in Sweet 16 blowout Mar 28
- Notre Dame knocks off Blue Demons Mar 22