Notre Dame uses big second half to top CincinnatiFeb 26, 2011 - 9:54 PM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Becca Bruszewski, Devereaux Peters and Skyler Diggins each scored 12 points, as No. 8 Notre Dame topped Cincinnati, 66-48.
Peters also grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked three shots for the Fighting Irish (24-5, 13-2 Big East), winners of 11 of the last 12 games.
Kayla Cook led all scorers with 18 points thanks to a 4-for-4 showing from beyond the three-point arc, as the Bearcats (8-19, 1-14) dropped their 13th straight game. Shareese Ulis added 14 points in the loss.
Up 28-20 at the half, Notre Dame scored the first 21 points out of the break. The big run was capped off by Bruszewski's free throws, and the Fighting Irish cruised to the win making 11-of-16 shots from the line in the second half.
- CINCINNATI: 48
NOTRE DAME: 66
Feb 26 3:42 PM
- CINCINNATI: 20
NOTRE DAME: 28
Feb 26 2:40 PM
- CINCINNATI: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 2:10 PM
- Fourth Time's The Charm: UConn downs Notre Dame to reach title game Apr 8
- Second half surge sends Fighting Irish to the Final Four Apr 2
- Diggins sets school scoring record as Notre Dame routs Kansas Mar 31
- Career-night from McBride allows Notre Dame to outlast Iowa Mar 27
- Loyd, McBride lead top-seeded Notre Dame over UT Martin Mar 24
- Notre Dame edges UConn for first Big East Tournament title Mar 12
- Notre Dame gets past Louisville and into Big East final Mar 11
- Achonwa leads No. 2 Notre Dame past USF Mar 10
- Notre Dame survives UConn in 3 OTs to win Big East outright Mar 4
- Diggins paces No. 2 Notre Dame past Providence Mar 2
- Red-hot Notre Dame overcomes slow start to beat Syracuse Feb 26
- Diggins' triple-double fuels Notre Dame in rout of DePaul Feb 24