Notre Dame uses big second half to top CincinnatiFeb 26, 2011 - 9:54 PM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Becca Bruszewski, Devereaux Peters and Skyler Diggins each scored 12 points, as No. 8 Notre Dame topped Cincinnati, 66-48.
Peters also grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked three shots for the Fighting Irish (24-5, 13-2 Big East), winners of 11 of the last 12 games.
Kayla Cook led all scorers with 18 points thanks to a 4-for-4 showing from beyond the three-point arc, as the Bearcats (8-19, 1-14) dropped their 13th straight game. Shareese Ulis added 14 points in the loss.
Up 28-20 at the half, Notre Dame scored the first 21 points out of the break. The big run was capped off by Bruszewski's free throws, and the Fighting Irish cruised to the win making 11-of-16 shots from the line in the second half.
- CINCINNATI: 48
NOTRE DAME: 66
Feb 26 3:42 PM
- CINCINNATI: 20
NOTRE DAME: 28
Feb 26 2:40 PM
- CINCINNATI: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 2:10 PM
- Auriemma gets 900th win as UConn routs Cincy Feb 3
- UConn left standing in battle for perfection Apr 9
- Notre Dame blows out Maryland, reaches women's final Apr 6
- Notre Dame loses Achonwa to ACL tear Apr 1
- Notre Dame downs Baylor, advances to Final Four Mar 31
- Notre Dame dominates at home in regional semifinal Mar 29
- Notre Dame remains unbeaten, cruises to Sweet 16 Mar 24
- Irish stay perfect, rout Colonials Mar 22
- Undefeated Notre Dame women take home ACC tourney title Mar 9
- Notre Dame remains perfect to reach ACC title game Mar 8
- No. 1 UConn races past Cincy and into semis Mar 8
- No. 2 Notre Dame routs Florida State in ACC quarters Mar 7