No. 10 Ohio State outscores IllinoisJan 22, 2012 - 10:41 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Samantha Prahalis scored 28 points and Tayler Hill added 26 as No. 10 Ohio State posted a 96-84 victory over Illinois on Sunday.
Amber Stokes contributed 16 points and six rebounds, while Darryce Moore totaled 10 with five boards and three assists for the Buckeyes (19-1, 6-1 Big Ten).
Karisma Penn poured in 23 points and Adrienne Godbold had 18 with seven rebounds for the Fighting Illini (6-14, 0-7).
OSU led 44-36 at intermission, then opened up an 11-point edge, 53-42, less than three minutes into the second half.
Illinois forged a 76-76 deadlock with 5:12 to go, but Hill drained a three- pointer to fuel a 14-4 burst that left the hosts ahead 90-80 with 2:06 left after a Prahalis layup.
- ILLINOIS: 84
OHIO STATE: 96
Jan 22 3:59 PM
- ILLINOIS: 36
OHIO STATE: 44
Jan 22 2:43 PM
- ILLINOIS: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 22 2:06 PM
- Ohio State names McGuff women's hoops coach Apr 16
- Foster out as women's hoops coach at Ohio State Mar 20
- No. 8 Lady Lions best Buckeyes in Big Ten quarters Mar 9
- Lucas leads Penn State over Illinois Feb 20
- No. 8 Penn State dominates Ohio State in second half Jan 27
- Illinois hands No. 6 Georgia first loss of season Dec 28
- Illinois names Bollant as women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Gators gain win over OSU in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Illinois ousts Law as head coach Mar 2
- No. 23 Nebraska upsets No. 8 Ohio State Feb 26
- Prahalis leads No. 8 Ohio State over Minnesota Feb 23
- Penn State routs Ohio State, earns at least share of Big Ten title Feb 20