No. 4 Stanford crushes UCLAFeb 12, 2012 - 11:05 PM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike netted a game-high 25 points to go with eight rebounds as No. 4 Stanford ran over UCLA, 82-59, on Sunday.
Chiney Ogwumike finished with 19 points, while Toni Kokenis and Joslyn Tinkle added 12 and 10 points respectively for the Cardinal (22-1, 13-0 Pac-12) who ran their winning streak to 19 straight games.
Markel Walker paced the Bruins (12-12, 7-6) with 16 points and 10 rebounds and Rhema Gardner added 15 points for the Bruins, who have lost two straight games. Thea Lemberger chipped in with 13 points in the loss.
The Bruins kept things close throughout the first half and trailed by only five at the break, but Stanford showed its dominance in the second half.
The Cardinal opened the second 20 minutes by outscoring UCLA 9-4 to take a 44-34 lead with just over four minutes gone.
A jumper by Chiney Ogwumike put the Cardinal up by 20 with 8:55 left and they went on to outscore the Bruins, 47-29 in the second half.
Stanford shot an efficient 59.6 percent from the floor, while holding UCLA to just 34 percent.
- UCLA: 59
Feb 12 5:03 PM
- UCLA: 30
Feb 12 3:53 PM
- UCLA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 12 3:08 PM
- VanDerveer earns 900th win Nov 27
- Hartley, top-ranked Huskies brush off No. 3 Stanford Nov 11
- UCLA's Korver out for season with ACL tear Sep 26
- VanDerveer gets long-term deal with Stanford Jul 17
- Georgia upsets top-seeded Stanford, advances to Elite Eight Mar 31
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Sooners sail by UCLA in second round of NCAA Tournament Mar 25
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- Bruins stifle Hatters in NCAA Tournament first round Mar 23
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- No. 14 UCLA knocks off No. 5 Cal in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10