Williams-Flournoy leaves Hoyas to become Auburn's coachApr 2, 2012 - 8:03 PM Auburn, AL (Sports Network) - Terri Williams-Flournoy was been named the head women's basketball coach at Auburn on Monday.
Williams-Flournoy recently completed her eighth season as Georgetown's bench boss, guiding the Hoyas to the NCAA Tournament for the third straight year.
"We are thrilled to welcome Terri Williams-Flournoy into the Auburn Family," said Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs. "Coach Williams-Flournoy has achieved success at every level of her basketball career as a player, assistant and head coach. She has an understanding of what it takes to be successful in the Southeastern Conference and brings a tremendous desire to win championships at Auburn."
Williams-Flournoy compiled a 143-104 record during her tenure at Georgetown, where she served as an assistant from 1992-96. She was also an assistant at Georgia (1996-2002) and Southwest Missouri State (2002-04) prior to becoming the Hoyas' head coach.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Hassell helps No. 9 Georgia hold off Auburn Feb 7
- No. 5 Kentucky crushes Auburn Jan 20
- Simmons lifts Tennessee over Auburn Jan 17
- Auburn's Fortner to resign at season's end Feb 21
- Johnson lifts No. 8 Tennessee past Auburn Feb 5
- No. 6 Kentucky routs Auburn Jan 26
- No. 5 Lady Vols beat Auburn by 20 Jan 23
- Dunlap, Mathies lead No. 19 Kentucky past Auburn Mar 5
- Smalley leads Auburn to win over No. 16 Kentucky Feb 28
- Hightower scores 29, No. 23 LSU tops Auburn 75-51 Feb 14
- Smalley scores 22 as Auburn upsets No. 9 Georgia Jan 31