Bjorklund, Parker spark Tennessee routMar 24, 2008 - 3:53 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Angie Bjorklund scored 16 points and Candace Parker added 14 to power top-seeded Tennessee to a 94-55 victory over Oral Roberts in the first round of the Oklahoma City Regional.
Alexis Hornbuckle and Alberta Auguste had 13 points apiece for the Lady Vols (31-2), who held a staggering 45-22 rebounding edge as they began defense of their NCAA Tournament championship.
Tennessee, which finished 12-of-29 from 3-point range, advances to play ninth-seeded Purdue in a second-round matchup Tuesday night.
Jenny Hardin scored 16 points and Rachel Watman added 15 for Oral Roberts (19-14), which committed 25 turnovers that led to 37 points for the Lady Vols.
The 16th-seeded Golden Eagles acquitted themselves well in the first half, shooting 56.5 percent (13-of-23) to trail, 48-34, at the break.
- ORAL ROBERTS: 55
Mar 23 11:27 PM
- ORAL ROBERTS: 34
Mar 23 10:22 PM
- Fifth-seeded Louisville downs Lady Vols to earn Final Four berth Apr 2
- Lady Vols vault over Oklahoma in regional semifinals Mar 31
- Bluejays bow to Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament Mar 25
- Lady Vols march on after dominating Oral Roberts Mar 23
- Aggies edge Lady Vols in SEC semifinals Mar 9
- Tennessee dispatches Florida in SEC quarters Mar 8
- Mathies and O'Neill help Kentucky edge Tennessee Mar 3
- Lady Vols top No. 13 Texas A&M to claim SEC crown Feb 28
- Missouri's second-half surge hands Tennessee first conference loss Feb 3
- Lady Vols stymie Mississippi State in lopsided win Jan 31
- Diggins leads Notre Dame past Tennessee Jan 28
- No. 9 Tennessee gets past Vanderbilt Jan 24