Bjorklund, Parker spark Tennessee routMar 24, 2008 - 3:53 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Angie Bjorklund scored 16 points and Candace Parker added 14 to power top-seeded Tennessee to a 94-55 victory over Oral Roberts in the first round of the Oklahoma City Regional.
Alexis Hornbuckle and Alberta Auguste had 13 points apiece for the Lady Vols (31-2), who held a staggering 45-22 rebounding edge as they began defense of their NCAA Tournament championship.
Tennessee, which finished 12-of-29 from 3-point range, advances to play ninth-seeded Purdue in a second-round matchup Tuesday night.
Jenny Hardin scored 16 points and Rachel Watman added 15 for Oral Roberts (19-14), which committed 25 turnovers that led to 37 points for the Lady Vols.
The 16th-seeded Golden Eagles acquitted themselves well in the first half, shooting 56.5 percent (13-of-23) to trail, 48-34, at the break.
- ORAL ROBERTS: 55
Mar 23 11:27 PM
- ORAL ROBERTS: 34
Mar 23 10:22 PM
- Lady Vols edge Kentucky for SEC title Sun
- No. 6 Tennessee knocks out No. 15 Texas A&M Sat
- Lady Vols rally to top LSU in SEC quarterfinals Fri
- Harrison helps Lady Vols down Gamecocks Mar 2
- No. 10 Tennessee outlasts LSU Feb 28
- No. 10 Tennessee edges Missouri Feb 23
- No. 10 Tennessee routs Auburn Feb 20
- No. 18 Kentucky knocks off No. 8 Tennessee Feb 16
- Tennessee takes down Vandy in ranked SEC clash Feb 10
- Simmons helps Tennessee take down Ole Miss Feb 6
- No. 10 Tennessee rallies past Alabama Feb 2
- Burdick boosts Tennessee over Arkansas Jan 30