Mosby leads Baylor over Texas A&M-Corpus ChristiDec 1, 2006 - 3:30 AM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Bernice Mosby scored 21 points and Jessica Morrow added 14 to lead No. 13 Baylor to its fourth straight victory, a 64-62 win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
Playing the first of three games in a five-day span, the Bears (7-1) forced 24 turnovers to defeat the Islanders for the second time in as many meetings.
Mosby, who entered averaging a team-leading 19.4 points, made just 6-of-15 shots from the floor and 9-of-10 free throws. The senior forward helped Baylor take a 30-23 halftime lead.
Jhasmin Player scored 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Bears, who shot just 40 percent (24-of-60) from the floor and were outrebounded, 38-37.
Kirbria Lewis scored 16 points and Elisa Beagle added 14 for the Islanders (1-5), who came on strong in the second half, shooting nearly 59 percent (17-of-29) to close the gap down the stretch.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Baylor's Griner captures women's Naismith Award Apr 8
- Louisville stuns Baylor, ends Griner's college career Mar 31
- Griner dunks three times, Lady Bears cruise to Sweet 16 Mar 27
- Griner leads Baylor to blowout victory Mar 24
- Griner, Baylor down Iowa State for third straight Big 12 title Mar 11
- No. 1 Baylor heads to third straight Big 12 final Mar 10
- Griner, Baylor cruise past Kansas State Mar 9
- Griner sets Big 12 record as Baylor downs Kansas State Mar 4
- No. 1 Baylor dominates West Virginia Mar 2
- Baylor pounds Oklahoma for 25th straight win Feb 25
- Griner powers No. 1 Baylor past Texas Feb 23
- Baylor edges UConn behind Griner's big second half Feb 19