Delaware adds Auburn transferJul 12, 2011 - 3:50 PM Newark, DE (Sports Network) - Linebacker Jessel Curry has transferred to the University of Delaware after playing one season at BCS champion Auburn.
The Delaware News Journal first reported the transfer. The 6-foot-1, 214-pound Curry, who played in six games and had nine tackles as a true freshman last season, is eligible to play immediately by dropping from the FBS to FCS level. He has three seasons of eligibility remaining.
The son of former NFL linebacker and 1980 Co-NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Buddy Curry often was Auburn's lone linebacker in dime situations. A concussion kept him out of the Tigers' last three regular-season games, the SEC Championship Game win over South Carolina and the BCS Championship Game victory over Oregon.
Delaware was the FCS runner-up last season, finishing 12-3 and second in The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Top 25.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Delaware football names new coordinators Feb 8
- In the FCS Huddle: Delaware game plan changes with Brock Jan 18
- Delaware introduces Brock as football coach Jan 18
- Report: Delaware to name Brock football coach Jan 18
- Delaware's Keeler relieved of coaching duties Jan 7
- Delaware to visit Navy, host seven home games in 2013 Dec 23
- Gradkowski headlines FCS selections on Day 3 Apr 28
- Delaware to play seven home games in 2012 Dec 26
- In the FCS Huddle: Delaware in the midst of identity crisis Sep 3
- Delaware QB Pat Devlin joining Dolphins Jul 26
- Delaware finalizes home kickoff times Jul 19
- Former Delaware player dies in crash Jul 14