Syracuse suspends WR Marcus SalesAug 6, 2011 - 12:42 AM Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - Syracuse University head football coach Doug Marrone announced Friday that senior wide receiver Marcus Sales and sophomore quarterback Jonny Miller have been suspended from the team.
The suspensions came in the wake of legal trouble for both players.
Sales faces felony drug charges after being arrested last Friday night. According to reports, Sales and his brother, Michael Sales Jr., were taken into custody after drugs were found in their car while the vehicle was stopped for running a red light.
Miller was arrested along with Bryce Givens, a former offensive tackle for the University of Colorado, for suspicion of robbery and assault. The two were teammates at Mullen High School in Denver.
Sales had 26 receptions for 414 yards and four touchdowns in 11 games last season, while Miller did not play in any games during his freshman season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Syracuse and Penn State to open 2013 season in New Jersey Feb 21
- Syracuse tabs Shafer as Marrone's replacement Jan 9
- Shafer set to become next coach at Syracuse Jan 8
- Syracuse OT Pugh declares for 2013 Draft Jan 3
- Syracuse runs all over WVU in Pinstripe Bowl Dec 29
- Former Big East rivals meet in 2012 Pinstripe Bowl Dec 29
- Syracuse headed back to Pinstripe Bowl Dec 2
- Syracuse hands Louisville first loss of season Nov 10
- Cardinals take on Orange in Big East battle Nov 7
- Rutgers stays perfect with win over Syracuse Oct 13
- Rutgers and Syracuse square off in Big East action Oct 10
- Barkley tosses 6 scores as Trojans down Orange Sep 8