Cal Poly CB Jackson considered day-to-dayNov 2, 2011 - 8:59 PM San Luis Obispo, CA (Sports Network) - Cal Poly hopes to have All-America cornerback Asa Jackson in the lineup Saturday when it attempts to complete a perfect season in the Great West Football Conference against UC Davis.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pound NFL prospect is dealing with a turf toe injury suffered last Saturday against South Dakota. He came out of the game in the second quarter and returned to the field for the final South Dakota drive in the fourth quarter.
Jackson, who also returns kicks, is considered day-to-day with the injury.
A nominee for the Buck Buchanan Award (sponsored by Fathead.com) which honors the outstanding defensive player in the FCS, Jackson has been in on 40 tackles with two interceptions and six pass breakups.
Cal Poly (5-3, 3-0) will play its final Great West game at UC Davis (2-6, 0-1).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cal Poly visits two FBS foes, hosts six in 2013 Dec 6
- Sam Houston State slips past Cal Poly Dec 1
- Sam Houston State defense to test Cal Poly's triple option Nov 29
- Cal Poly tabs Brown defensive coordinator Apr 2
- Cal Poly-Weber State game date changed Feb 29
- Cal Poly to visit Wyoming, host five in 2012 Jan 18
- Cal Poly CB Jackson to play in Senior Bowl Jan 17
- Cal Poly to host Yale in 2013 Oct 26
- St. Francis, Pa. 33, Cal Poly 41 Oct 31
- Cal Poly-SLO defeats North Dakota 22-21 Oct 24
- Southern Utah tops Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 20-7 Oct 16