BC's Kuechly wins Lombardi AwardDec 8, 2011 - 3:50 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Boston College junior linebacker Luke Kuechly won the Lombardi Award Wednesday as the nation's top collegiate lineman.
Alabama linebackers Courtney Upshaw and Dont'a Hightower and Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin were the other finalists.
Kuechly, who also won the Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker, amassed 191 total tackles, including 102 solo stops, and three interceptions for the Eagles this season.
In 37 career games, Kuechly has recorded 532 tackles -- 299 solo -- and is averaging 14 tackles and 7.9 solo stops per game. He has recorded 10 or more tackles in 33 of 37 games since making his collegiate debut on September 5, 2009 against Northeastern.
Kuechly is Boston College's first-ever Lombardi Award winner.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 3 Clemson uses late surge to dispatch Boston College Oct 12
- Third-ranked Tigers take on Eagles Oct 9
- Army-Boston College game to go on as planned Oct 3
- Winston's 4 TDs leads FSU over BC Sep 28
- ACC action pits Seminoles against Eagles Sep 25
- NCAA Football Preview - Boston College Eagles Aug 19
- Spaziani let go by Boston College Nov 25
- Notre Dame stays perfect with win over Boston College Nov 11
- No. 4 Irish clash with Eagles Nov 7
- Florida State trounces Boston College behind Manuel's big day Oct 14
- No. 12 Seminoles seek turnaround against Eagles Oct 10
- No. 17 Clemson ousts Boston College Sep 29