Fordham to introduce Moorhead as head coachDec 15, 2011 - 8:36 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - Fordham University will hold a news conference on Friday to introduce Joe Moorhead as its new head football coach.
The University of Connecticut quarterbacks coach is graduate of Fordham. He was a three-year starter at quarterback, earning second-team All-Patriot League honors as a senior in 1995.
Moorhead previously was the offensive coordinator at UConn, and he served in that role at Georgetown and Akron as well. He also served as an assistant at Pittsburgh.
The Fordham job would be his first head coaching position.
Fordham went 1-10 this past season under coach Tom Masella, who was fired on Nov. 19. He had a 27-40 record in six seasons.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Fordham to visit Temple, play six at home Apr 2
- Fordham's Murray wins Mitchell Award Dec 11
- Fordham's Murray seeks FCS field goal record Nov 16
- Bearcats rough up Rams Oct 14
- No. 21 Bearcats butt heads with Rams Oct 10
- Fordham ineligible for Patriot title until 2014 Jun 8
- Fordham to remain ineligible for 2012 Patriot title Mar 29
- Moorhead announces Fordham coaching staff Mar 12
- Blackwell takes over as Fordham's defensive coordinator Feb 22
- Fordham signs 15 for Moorhead's first class Feb 2
- Report: Moorhead next in line at Fordham Dec 14